I have learned a few tricks during my new scarf-wearing habit:
1. When a friend drives you to your writing class in her bright orange MINI Cooper convertible, you might want to tie the loose ends tightly around your chin so it doesn’t fly off in traffic.
2. When you are sitting in said writing class and have been working for 45 minutes and feel like taking the scarf off because it’s 90 degrees out, remind your brain that you are not at home and you might freak out a few of your fellow writers with the sudden appearance of your naked head.
3. When you see a $45 scarf on sale for $9 and it’s really pretty, nab it.
4. When you feel like complaining about your lack of hair, realize that you now have an extra half-hour each morning since you no longer have to: a) shampoo your hair, b) condition your hair, c) blow dry your hair, d) curl your hair.
5. When people tell you how stylish you now look, eat it up. You are, after all, still alive.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!